Welcome 🔥start here 👀

Wave
Hello guys,

43 year old AI news junkie from the Faroe Islands here. Glad to be onboard and excited about the future, with an AI god in my pocket. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! My laptops a bit of a potato and was my backup machine after my cats knocked a drink onto my old computer and fried it. I shall bare this in mind once I’ve got the cash to buy a new computer! You’re awesome!

2 Likes

Hello,

Technology grandpa here. Looking forward to watching yet another technological birth and maturity cycle.

This is the big one.

1 Like

Hi Wes,
I’m just here to learn what I can to help my small business grow!!! I’m just fascinated with AI . I’m way out of my comfort zone :rofl::wave:t2:

1 Like

I’m an electrical engineer, that always loved AI and 2 years ago started to get more technical about it. still learning!

1 Like

Sounds great Wes! Would welcome joining. I have a startup company in early stages, see my posts, using GenAI to ideate - I have a single ChatGPT-4 convesation focusing on building out potential MVPs & solutions using GenAI. It’s over 1000+ pages if printed, with novel ideas, plans, designs & development plans, etc. It’s surprising how much better the responses are if you start with open questions and take the role of ‘planning’ (ask for an outline) provide the ‘reasoning’ (tell me more about … to build out the detailed plan - the requirements, design, build, & test) and ‘ponder’ (take time to zone in on the what is mosting interesting parts in the response to further elaborate) and here you have the ‘human in the loop AGI’!

1 Like

We have a lot in common!

1 Like

Happy to be part of the community! I recently came across Rod’s channel and caught his review about ‘custom agents.’ While my background may differ from many here, transitioning from corporate life to running a swimwear business with my wife has been quite the journey. I’m eager to enhance efficiency in our swimwear business, especially considering challenge like sizing. Managing returns is a big part of our operation, so I’m curious about how AI could streamline product selection to minimize returns and improve overall customer experience. Good luck a to all of us!

1 Like

Hey Paras, let’s contact

1 Like

Hello. My name is David, but people know me as “DBZ.” I am the Chief Creative of Design By Zen, a boutique designer AI studio based in New Zealand. I’ve been in Monk mode, so it’s time to seek feedback, and I look forward to positive interactions.

Thanks, Wes, for the opportunity to share my vision for user-focused, distributed, mobile, personalized AI built on hard-coded ethical AI principles.

With over 42 years of experience in IT and high-tech design, I have recently developed ground-breaking AI innovations that define a Plan B -ethical, mobile AI. This uses our DBZ Comfort Index constant (CI). CI is a dynamic measure of satisfaction, comfort & intuition. For example, for a co it is perfect for replacing “Reviews”, or Net Performance Score “NPS” -or for personal use I thought, why not package snippets of (CI) data and generate revenue P2P via a “Put it to the Universe” creative data market?

The SHE ZenAI Butterfly app emphasizes well-being with Zen simplicity while ensuring data protection with the “Eye on AI” shield/firewall app. You get a breathing control app (to chill… ) and cool natural sounds that can be joined to create soothing natural sounds.

At the core of our model-less AI, which learns, adapts, and improves to produce ethical user-centred outcomes, is the Omega* algorithm. This algorithm, along with the K*, O*& Q* Trinity functions, forms the backbone of our Social Harmony Ecosystem or Engine - SHE ZenAI architecture. As a testament to this, I’ve designed the world’s first intelligent earthquake table, ‘EQ1’, as the console for SHE ZenAI.

I have held international patents for simulation designs. While a passion for excellence drives my professional life, I also have a soft spot for exotic and sports car engineering. In my downtime, I find solace in cultivating our food and Orchids from a Zen garden, a practice that reflects my philosophy of harmony in technology and life through art.

1 Like

I have an avid interest in generative AI, AGI, and whatever comes after that.

I watched the first moonlanding live. I’m the generation that watched a man be introduced for the first time to a new program called VisiCalc (probably the first spreadsheet program) on the Apple II. (I was a sophomore student assistant for the computer department.) I watched him break down and cry, then explain while visibly shaken that the spreadsheet had just done in minutes what normally takes him about a week of time by hand on a traditional ledger system in paper books with pencil. It was a moving experience, because it made me realize even then our current knowledge trajectory.

I can remember in college, before there were iPads, knowing that one day there would be something like the iPad. In the same way sci-fi authors conceptualize future science possibilities, I knew what it would feel like and how it would be used. The internet was still new at universities, and having an email address was still a privilege of just a few.

This coming from someone who grew up in a farm house heated by wood I had to chop as a kid. Having an outhouse was not unusual where I lived. We had indoor plumbing as well as an outhouse, but not all our neighbors had indoor plumbing. That was even in the seventies in North Carolina.

So not only have we come a long way, from my perspective, it seems we’re accelerating. It becomes almost impossible to keep up with all the things that are happening.

A couple years ago, I came across this (original paper linked in the article):

In the paper, Qin developed an AI algorithm that uses machine learning to predict planetary orbits, without having to be explicitly programmed with Newton’s laws of motion and gravitation. The algorithm learns a discrete field theory directly from observational data of the planetary orbits, rather than trying to model the continuous differential equations. The served discrete field theory is then able to accurately predict not just the elliptical orbits, but also the parabolic and hyperbolic escaping orbits, without needing the underlying physical laws. This work was seen as potentially supporting the simulation hypothesis - the idea that reality itself may be a computer simulation running on a discrete spacetime lattice, with a simple underlying black box algorithm.

Let’s put that another way:

1. The algorithm “bypasses all the fundamental ingredients of physics” - it does not rely on explicitly deriving the underlying physical laws and equations.
  2. Qin states “I go directly from data to data (…) There is no law of physics in the middle.”
  3. The algorithm is able to accurately predict complex natural phenomena like planetary orbits without being programmed with Newton’s laws of motion and gravitation.

Data to data - is this the future realm of science? Tools that do what we need, even if we don’t fully understand the process? How would that be better or worse than existing methods? For instance, nobody predicted the fallout of plastics or styrofoam, yet they’re ubiquitous and piling up because it’s so thoroughly convenient. Today, we walk backward into the future based on what we’ve learned from the past. Could such a pattern seeking system aid us in better avoiding unfortunate futures?

[edit] Upon further reflection, this comes across as decidedly analog, like LLMs themselves. It’s a baked thing that provides a specified output. But analog implies less energy involved in the final output than digital. So many questions… [ / edit]

So… the implication is that humans in collaboration with AI could bootstrap, not necessarily out of the simulation matrix-fashion, but bend the rules of the simulation to serve a specific purpose. That’s both compelling and scary. It makes for great sci-fi. And as we know, a lot of sci-fi is read by creative STEAM types who eventually find ways to “make it so”.

Sometime in the future, maybe, bootstrapping becomes a real thing. And most people would view it as magic, even if there’s a logical sensible explanation because – black box.

The ethics concerns are staggering and understudied.

I’m curious where AI will lead us, and if as a species, we’ll be able to keep up. This is what keeps me up at night.

You?

@LaughterOnWater
@amateurethicist

1 Like

Finally deciding to post something, I’ve been lingering here for a while!

My name is Lee Nolan, I’ve been into computers since forever. Dabbled in everything but never mastered anything. Currently working freelance and enjoying making my own website (I won’t link but it’s my name .co.uk), using AI to the fullest. Happy to be here!