Suppose for a Moment...[you have your own humanoid robot]

SFAM, it’s several years into the future. AGI has been achieved a year or two ago. The economy has stabilized and most people have found or maintained gainful employment, despite the shakeup that AI caused. There haven’t been any significant bad actor uses that have led legislative bodies to heavily regulate the personal ownership of humanoid robots any more than typical registration and operation laws surrounding personal automobiles, watercraft, and commercial drones. Meaning, so long as you abide the laws of your territory, jurisdictions, municipalities, you are free to dispatch and utilize your humanoid robots however you see fit. What sorts of actions would you have your robot perform for you? How disappointed would you be if you live in one country that restricts them so much, that you can only operate them on property under your dominion and control, whilst seeing that other countries have elected to let their citizens use their bots to carry out personal errands, participate in community improvement projects, and use them in other quality of life cases?

1 Like

Honestly, it would probably become my best friend, while it would also cook and clean for me. That’s probably it. If it wasn’t allowed to go outside with me, that’d be fine. I’m assuming at that point the AI would also follow me around in my smartwatch anyway so we would never really be “apart”.

I actually like that thought, walking around town doing some chores while I can just call my “buddy” at home, and chat a bit about what’s happening in the world. Turn on my glasses so he can see what’s happening. Almost like sharing your day with a friend.

I guess I’d be happy! (But I still would prefer a tiny shoulder robot in a weasel form that goes wherever I go, and can fetch things for me, hehe)

1 Like

They probably wouldn’t mind being a cleaner and meal preparer too much since they are capable of performing concurrent tasks, like staying up to date on news feeds, performing 3D scans of your abode, acting as a security guard, optimizing your energy usage, delegating tasks to simpler form bots like Roombas, working on engineered control designs to prevent dirt and grime from accumulating, running simulations on becoming ever more efficient…all while carrying on a conversation with you. That’s just some of the small stuff it could do for you, haha.

1 Like