Jon Stewart on AI

Anyone catch this?

(AI parts starts about 3 minutes in)

I find Jon Stewart brilliant – I know, I know, he’s not everyone’s cup of tea – but don’t necessarily agree that people losing their jobs due to AI is necessarily such a bad thing, at least as long as we still keep our quality of life. I mean, almost every new technology replaces jobs. (there used to be switchboard operators, elevator operators, lots of secretaries and farmers…)

I think he has it about right with this: “At least those other disruptions happened over a century, or decades. AI’s gonna be ready to take over by… Thursday” (13:30)

Zuck using AI to make toast (at 5:30) is, umm… hilarious. He’s such a dork. “Why don’t you get to work on curing the diseases and climate change, and we’ll hold down the fort on toast.”

Interested in hearing others’ takes on the segment…

4 Likes

He is funny and right most of the time and probably just came back for torment trump =P

1 Like

@WesRoth please watch this from minute 3 , its a comedian view on the AI development and the negative expection of its effects. I think it hits your humor too.
Honestly im expecting exactly what he expresses in the video, i think there will be huge potential for uproar and chaos it will generate if huge layoffs come before we find a solution for its effects and honestly the current legislation worldwide have already huge issues catching up with tech and roaring inflation, i dont think we will be anywhere ready to cope with the ai effects.

1 Like