Agentic Reasoning Design Pattern – What is your experience?

Thank you Wes for your video on Andrew Ng’s AI Architecture!

This is a long post. Please be patient!

Taking in the impact of the Design Pattern ‘system thinking’ video, I began to join the dots looking back when I started using ChatGPT-4 back in March 2023. Maybe reading this you too may start joining the dots from your own experience.

Here we go - Take this as a Tabletop exercise using the Design Pattern concepts.

In this exercise I (me) am taking on the various roles of the multi-agents working with ChatGPT-4. Note: this is from a single Chat conversation, March 2023 – July 2023, focused on a limited number of related topics and is over 1000+ pages if printed.

Agentic Reasoning Design Pattern

1. Reflection
  • As Albert Einstein create a new paradigm for complex problem solving and illustrate where these princliples can be applied.
  • Write a paper for a scientific journal to introduce this new paradigm.
  • Using the paper build out a university Ph D degree level course which includes the delivery of a thesis paper on the new paradigm.
  • Taking the role Albert Einstei complete Ph D course and deliver your thesis including valuable insights and novel approaches.
  1. Tool Use
  • Using Qiskit write the coding examples for the Introduction and Advanced Quantum Computing courses.
  • Use the US Patent Office patient template when taking the patent outline to a full application
  1. Planning
  • Build out the 5-year Ph D course and create the course outline, curriculum, and course contents.
  • Develop outline patents based on the Ph D thesis insights and novel approaches .
  • Build out an Introduction to Quantum Computing programing course using Qiskit, including course contents and Qiskit code examples to support each section of the course
  • Build out an Advanced to Quantum Computing programing course using Qiskit including course contents and Qiskit code examples to support each section of the course.
  1. Multi-agent collaboration
  • For the Ph D - me as the course reviewer, presenting my questions to expand the original course outline to the full course content, and requesting the delivery of the thesis.
  • For the Quantum Computing courses - me as the course reviewer, presenting my question to expand from the original course outline to the full course content, and requesting the delivery of the Qiskit code examples.
  • For the outline patents, me as the patent submitter and reviewer, presenting my questions to expand out from the original patent outline and to add my additional insights to complete each subsection on a patent submission application. With the reviewer checking the document structure of the application - Yes I understand this is still uncharted & unknown territory - creating patents with the GenAI assistance. Never know, they may end up moving forward, if only as example test cases to the US patent office.

In the above examples, ChatGPT-4 created the ‘synthetic data’ for me to iterate these concepts on my locally hosted LLM models. Maybe this is an additional step in the Design Pattern to create self-learning LLM models.

1 Like